All representers must bring a poster, this means that if you are aiming for an oral presentation and are selected for an oral presentation you must also bring a poster. When you submit your abstract via the submission form you can choose to apply for an oral presentation. The PBE2018 Scienctific Organizing Committee, who is behind the scientific program, will serve as abstract selection committee i.e. select the abstracts which will be invited to give an oral presentation.
Deadline for submission of abstracts is March 27, 2018.
THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
Guidelines for submission
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts cannot exceed 300 words (excluding title, authors and affiliations).
- Standard abbreviation does not need explanation. Otherwise abbreviations must be defined when first used in the text.
- Each author may only be the presenting author of one abstract.
- A confirmation will be generated automatically and sent to your email address. If you do not receive a confirmation after submitting your abstract, please contact us directly at
- If changes to your submitted abstract are necessary, please contact us by e-mail prior to the official deadline.
- Authors will be notified if they have been selected for oral presentation on April 19, 2018.
- Deadline for abstract submitters to register and pay is May 1, 2018. Abstracts are automatically withdrawn in cases where abstract submitters fail to register and pay the registration fee for the conference by the registration deadline.
When submitting your abstract you assign it to 1 of the 9 scientific themes that corresponds with the scientific programme - but you also have the opportunity to assign your abstract to theme 10: "Ahead of organisers' thinking".
1. Phenotyping on different scales
2. Photosynthetic diversity
3. New breeding technologies/Genome based breeding
4. Seeds for the future
5. Niche crops
6. Plant Microbiome/Biotic Interactions
7. Natural Products
8. Environmental Resilience
9. Genome evolution
10. Beyond the scope of sessions